Notifying the Accessibility Commissioner
Notifying the Commissioner
An organization must notify the Accessibility Commissioner within 48 hours of publishing:
- its accessibility plan
- its progress report
- a description of its feedback process
If your organization does not have a digital platform that is accessible to the public (such as a public-facing website), it must display a printed copy of its accessibility plan, feedback process description and progress report in the reception area or entrance of each of its places of business. This must be visible and accessible to the public.
Notifications must include:
- the URL or hyperlink address of the accessibility plan, feedback process description and progress report; or
- the mailing addresses of the places of business where the accessibility plan, feedback process description and progress report are displayed.
My Accessibility Portal
My Accessibility Portal is an online platform to help organizations fulfil the notification requirements under the Act. Through the Portal, an organization can:
- create an organizational profile;
- securely exchange information with the Accessibility Commissioner;
- notify the Accessibility Commissioner when it publishes its accessibility plan, description of its feedback process and its progress reports; and
- receive confirmation that its notification was received, and monitor the status of its notifications.
You can also choose to send your organization’s notification to the Accessibility Commissioner by email: Info.Com@chrc-ccdp.gc.ca
Accessibility and privacy statements for Portal
The articles below provide more detailed information to help you understand and meet your planning and reporting obligations under the Act.
- Date modified: